There’s a reason why trigger points cause so much pain and stiffness in your muscles.
What they essentially do is create an energy crisis in your muscle – which has a knock-on effect to cause pain and stiffness. Here’s what happens:
- Something switches on the trigger point. It could be an injury, overuse or poor posture
- Then, the spasm in the muscle restricts blood supply and creates an area of low oxygen.
- In this low oxygen area, you have a lowered pH level – it’s more acidic
- This lowered pH stimulates the nociceptive (pain carrying) fibers, which transmit a message that some sort of damage has occurred.
- This causes the release of chemicals such as: substance P, calcitonin gene-related peptide, prostaglandins and bradykinin.
- All these chemical create pain, and they re-inflame the nerve.
This process can go on indefinitely – unless you do something to interrupt it.
This is where trigger point treatment comes in. When you switch off the trigger point, this relaxes the spasm, giving the area a new supply of blood. The blood flows in, bringing fresh oxygen. This washes out the chemicals which cause pain, and gives your muscles a chance to repair.
Until tomorrow, (Monday 31st) I’m going to include a special bonus for anyone who buys the Trigger Point Course. I’ll send you a copy of Dr Marcus’s ‘End Back Pain Forever.’
The reason is – in this book Dr Marcus includes a set of 21 exercises he’s found amazingly useful in correcting muscle imbalances and ending rid of back pain.
If you’re ready to get at the root cause of muscle pain – a cause that’s often missed – then these two go very well together. And the interactive charts in the Trigger Point Course mean that you’ll be able to uncover ALL the muscles with triggers. This is important for long term pain relief – and the charts mean you’ll find the triggers that you’d otherwise miss – because they’re far from the site of the pain.
Here’s where to get the Trigger Course – and ‘End Back Pain Forever’ if you purchase before the 9pm EST on the 31st. You’ll get the book posted to you – anywhere in the world.